Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bad Karrie, bad, bad, Karrie!

I have put off posting. I'm sorry... it just kept getting shoved to the back of the to-do pile.
anyway, it's official- Fortunate Face cosmetic products can now be found at Choice Health on route 20 in Westfield, Mass.- yay! Another location is pending, so i'll update you when it's a go!
I had an unfortunate experience yesterday- drove an hour and 45 minutes to Concord for a shoot with 2 models, one at 10am and the other at 1pm- wouldn't you know- first one with a last minute cancellation- by email- that we didn't get until too late that morning, and a no show for the 1pm model....seriously- so i drove the 1 hour & 45 minutes home- sad- because I've been waiting to work with this photographer for a year now, sigh, and also because I missed my sons lacrosse tournament at Umass- with nothing to show for it! *le sigh* total bummer.
Now to some fun stuff- I posted last about all the new great products I bought for my kit- and I tried several of them out, and wanted to give you all a review.
I started out with the Eve Pearl's mattifying gel in medium all over my whole face. Then I used her salmon concealer in medium under both eyes.  I have to say- that the salmon concealer was much too orange for my skin- I have some blue under eye circles and a yellow concealer tends to work better with my complexion. I removed the concealer from under one eye & replaced it with my Prep Step- I then mixed some Face Atelier foundation- I purposely got colors in a light to dark range, as well as, the plus 0 and minus 0- so I could custom mix- to match any and every skin tone.  I used (on one side) #4 & 0 Plus (darker color) to create my personal tone. The foundation went on smoothly & nice and  light- it definitely has  a weightless feel- which is nice. It is very sheer coverage- similar to a tinted moisturizer- and I needed a second coat- to achieve better coverage, but for a model with good skin one coat would be sufficient. I would have liked a teeny bit more coverage, but that is my personal issue with my skin. Face Atelier uses silicone in their formulation to it leaves a dewey look to the skin, which was rather nice. I mixed #7 and 0 minus (white color) on the other side just to test out how easily these could be mixed and customized depending upon the skin tone in front of you- this one was a little darker- since #7 is way too dark for me, but again- it was more about mixing & playing than exacts- it does mix well & again leaves a nice dewey glow to the skin. The silicone did not feel heavy, or break up on my oily face, but  also attribute this to the mattifying gel- this stuff worked, and worked well- usually I have some oily shine, but this really kept the shine at bay- All day! (a miracle!) I bought this primarily for men's grooming, but have to say that Iw as quite impressed and may be stealing this tube for myself, and buying another for my kit. I powdered both sides down well with my Luxury Sheer (after blush application below) and it lasted all day, gave beautiful dewey looking skin- again I would have liked more coverage, but for those with nicer skin- this is a great foundation choice. As a pro artist- the ability to blend is nice, but I won't be trading in my RCMA palette- as I still find it superior and covers every possible need from concealer all the way to sheer foundation, as does my own powdered foundations. I will, however, add a few full sized to my kit- especially the +0 and -0.
I then tried Urband Decay's Primer Potion on one eye and Too Faced's Shadow Insurance on the other. I did my makeup using my own mineral powders as liners and shadows as I wanted to see how these compared to my own Prep Step. Both sides performed evenly- they held up well for several hours, with only a slight bit of shadow creasing right in the corners of each eye. I still prefer my own- because it doesn;t move, but I am naturally biased as well!
Lastly on my face and lips I tried 2 different Stila Convertable colors. One side I used Rose, which in the compact- looks like a medium brown toned burgundy.  On the other side of my cheek & lips- I used Stila's Poppy- one of their more popular shades, which in the compact looks like a richer reddish tone. I have to say that once on my cheeks, and side by side on my lips- there was not a huge difference in tonal quality, which frankly surprised me.  In the compact you can see subtle difference, but even on my lips they were so close that I don't know if anyone would have noticed, and actually, no one did- I walked around like that ALL day! I could see a slightly more yellow red on the poppy side & a slightly more bluish red on the Rose side-. I usually look better in colors slightly more bluish in undertone- and I could truly wear either. They are very sheer- which allows your own natural undertones to enhance what you put over them- which is why both colors could look equally nice. They will really only last on the lips as long as a sheer gloss- but if applied, powdered, and re-applied you can definitely use as more of a sheer stain, and extend the wear time. They are nice and creamy, without being at all greasy- and over a liquid or cream face makeup- like Face Atelier, they enhanced the dewiness of the skin- and when powdered down didn't lose the dewiness- which can often happen- so a big plus there for both lines!
Feel free to comment or ask any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey guys, feel free to leave a comment, or a question & I'll be happy to get back to you!