Sunday, March 22, 2009

popularity contest

OK, seriously, when did the Internet become one huge popularity contest? I created a blog to hopefully find some people out there who shared my interest in makeup & would love to have some questions cleared up by a professional. I also thought it would be a great way to show off my own products so people could get an idea about color & texture & how they work and how to use them to their advantage. (I don't even sell online, so this isn't used as an ad for me)
Yes, I've been a little disappointed that I have zero followers, not even one of my friends has chosen to follow me, sigh.
I'm finding out that this Internet thing is a lot more complicated & involved than I first thought. For one thing, there is now an entire segment of the population that work online teaching YOU to work online! They call themselves coaches & I think I've been added to all their Twitter lists. Next, the people who seems to have a "following" must not have kids or any other job to speak of, cause the volume of material & amount of time invested in this medium is quite staggering. Or maybe I just type slow.
Lastly, if you're REALLY popular people will pay you for it! no kidding, if people like the way you rant (oh yeah, those seem to be the ones that do the best) then sponsors will PAY you to do just what you've spent 12 hours a day on the couch doing already, nice gig if you can get it, huh?
Ooh, does this count as a rant?
I apologize that I only spent about 20 minutes writing this in between meeting with my accountant, making lunch, helping my sick kid, oh I probably should do my job too, huh, someone ordered some makeup..... oh well, popularity isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey guys, feel free to leave a comment, or a question & I'll be happy to get back to you!