Friday, March 26, 2010

Stunning!

I am sooo happy! My distributor was sold out of my very favorite colorant for one of my very favorite eye shadows- It was discontinued by the manufacturer! *CRY* She just found 10 lbs of this AMAZING mica & guess who just snapped up a whole Pound! So I am happy to announce that Stunning- a color so named because it truly IS STUNNING, will no longer be a limited edition, get it while you can, color, but rather a "BUY IT CAUSE IT"S AMAZING" color!
I had less than an ounce left, and was seriously considering bogarting the rest for myself, and NOT sharing with all of you (yes, I truly love it that much!)
How to get "Stunning": This color is a color-shifting shadow- it is a soft shimmery tan/brown with green-turquoise undertones. It can be worn alone over the whole lid & up onto the brow bone- it will look subtle and amazing -as the light hits the lid from different angles the color shift will draw attention to the eyes, but remain subtle enough for a day at the office, or a minimal makeup look.
However, to rock this color's ultimate potential- line eyes light or heavy with a rich black liner- either a waxy pencil or a dampened powdered liner (I use my Blackest & a damp angled liner brush). Layer the Stunning directly over this & up onto brow bone. The black absorbs the brown & you are left with this glorious green-turquoise that makes the eye POP! and the remaining tan acts as it's own  coordinating contour color at the same time!
For even deeper drama- re-line w/ black & a damp brush- & go over w/ more Stunning- ups the Intensity! You can also sweep some dampened black into the crease & go over w/ Stunning to further sculpt the eye- can you say OMG!

1 comment:

  1. I love duotones! I think I remember you showed me this one in person. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

hey guys, feel free to leave a comment, or a question & I'll be happy to get back to you!