Friday, September 25, 2009

Sally Hanson Insti-Dri

I decided to review the Insta-Dri 30 second polish from Sally Hanson. I'm usually a CND or OPI gal, and Lord knows, I love my Essie (always the most beautiful colors!), but I could not resist the lure of a 30 second color opportunity, who could?
I bought the Racin" Red (which I noticed isn't featured on the website) for $4.99 at Rite Aid. It is a slightly blue based red, with a very subtle hint of shimmer. I also bought the Insta Dri anti-chip top coat that claims to dry any polish to the touch in 30 seconds. That was $5.99, but I had to exchange it for another, because when I got home & took it out of the box, the bottle was empty. Whoops!
Anyway, I manicured & then polished my nails with the Racin' Red. The color was lovely, and yes ladies, it dried w/ no smears or rough edges in 30 seconds. Wow! Many people are ravin about the wider, flatter brush. Most claim it is easier to cover the whole nail in one stroke, more like a professional brush, etc. To be honest I much prefer the slightly longer, rounded bristles of the professional colors. I keep my nails shorted & have a rounded C- curved nail bed. A flat short brush means much more control must be taken to not overstep the boundary of the nail & sweep polish up onto the sidewall. So for me the brush is a no-go, but since I'm a trained, licensed nail pro, I could just be biased 3 swipes with a standard tip still works best for me.
Now, I'm tough, tough, tough on my nails- no doubt. Plus I have extremely thin, flexible nails, so the fact that i have chips today, is not a fair assessment to the polish itself- I did an updo, manicure, & full makeup, plus cleaned my house, so I expected chips, and even with all that they don't look too bad. I can tell you, when I treated my hands kindly-they stayed gorgeous. Plus w/ a 30 second drying time- I could redo my polish everyday & never bat an eye!
The insta-Dri topcoat I used on my mani yesterday & yes, it too, was dry in 30 seconds and gave a nice glossy finish. I did a basecoat, and one coat of Creative's Clearly pink, & then the topcoat. we wanted a very sheer, nail with just a hint of shine. This bottle has the more classic shaped wand and brush, which I found a breeze to use. I will definitely use this product again- I love that Any color can be a 30 second color! WooHoo!
BTW Walmart is advertising the Instra-Dri for $3.99, but Rite Aid was having a buy one get one 50% off!
I added a link to Sally Hanson, so double click the title & it'll take you to the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey guys, feel free to leave a comment, or a question & I'll be happy to get back to you!